“My people perish for lack of knowledge.” – Hosea 4:6
Welcome to Saco Bay Citizens for Sound Money! Our purpose is to return minted gold and silver to circulation as a sound and stable medium of exchange in the Biddeford, Saco, Old Orchard Beach and Scarborough Maine area. We also aim to have local citizens become aware of what our U.S. Constitution has to say on the issue of sound money and how currently-circulating U.S. dollars do NOT meet the U.S. Constitution’s requirements for sound money that is owned and controlled by WE THE PEOPLE.
What is Sound Money?
Sound money is money that is not prone to sudden appreciation or depreciation in purchasing power over the long term, aided by self-correcting mechanisms inherent in a free-market system. Read more …
SILVER & GOLD CERTIFICATES = ASSETS
FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES = DEBTS
Why Become Involved With Us?
Are you tired of high prices affecting your economic well-being? Tired of seeing the cost of everything go up every year? Here’s your opportunity to help change that!
What the U.S. Constitution Says About Money:
Our U.S. Constitution clearly calls for our money to be gold and silver (and not unbacked paper money like the green script we use now):
Article I, Section 8:
- “Congress shall have Power to … coin Money, regulate the value thereof … and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures.”
- “Congress shall have Power to … provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States.”
Article I, Section 10:
- “No State shall … make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts.”
- “No State shall … emit Bills of Credit.” (Bills of Credit = fiat money)
Please click HERE for more details about how using sound money supports our U.S. Constitution
By making yourself and your fellow citizens aware of the above-mentioned parts of the Constitution, you will:
- Start reintroducing the idea to your fellow citizens that real money is precious metals-based coinage such as silver (and not unbacked paper bills like Federal Reserve Notes).
- Help offset the negative effects of our current, unbacked paper U.S. Federal Reserve Note dollars on our local economy.
- Start to restore ownership of the money to WE THE PEOPLE, as well as help to put a lid on rising prices … finally!
- Help shield and protect the Saco Bay area economy from upcoming future economic downturns as a result of bankers and politicians inflating the current system of unbacked paper money (i.e. Federal Reserve Notes)
Educating yourself and others with the above knowledge will do a great deal to begin restoring ownership of the money to you and all our fellow local citizens. Everybody wins …. except the politicians and bankers of course! Help restore VALUE to our nation’s money by joining us today in this important effort!
How to Begin Returning Sound Money to Our Economy:
- Several private mints exist around the U.S. They issue minted fine silver pieces called “silver rounds”. These are available in several different sizes and weights of pure silver.
- Purchase some of these silver rounds directly from these private mints (or through a precious metals dealer if you wish).
- Ask local independent retail merchants where you do business if they would take payment for some or all of your purchases with them in these fine silver rounds.
- That’s it! A simple and effective way to start returning ownership of the nation’s money to ” We The People” …. where it properly belongs!
Consumers: As a natural “next step” in this process, please ask local businesses that you visit to accept these fine silver rounds as payment for all or part of your purchase at the business.
Local business owners: please offer to accept these fine silver rounds as partial or complete payment from your customers for their purchases.
By doing these simple actions, you will be helping to restore VALUE to our nation’s money supply, as well as supporting Article I, Sections 8 and 10 of the U.S. Constitution. You will also be paying for your purchases with an ASSET-BASED medium of exchange and not a DEBT-BASED medium of exchange. Please click HERE for more details as to what U.S. dollar value to assign to these privately-minted fine-silver rounds (which do not have a U.S. dollar value stamped on them).
Thank you for your help in returning sound money to circulation in our local economy, as our Founding Fathers intended it to be!